|A Flickr Photo|
Once Upon a Time Cookie Project: WOW, So creative!
I recently had the pleasure of participating in the “Once Upon a Time”cookie project with a very talented group of fellow cookie obsessed ladies.
Which is now today, because here is my collection, plus field mouse!
Here’s a sneak peek of all the amazing cookies that were submitted. If you would like to see more, click on over to The Flour Box Bakery.
Couldn't Resist: Not Your Grandmother's Oatmeal Cookies
Not Your Mother’s Oatmeal Cookies
by Shannon & Jennifer Stovsky from Beachwood, OH
Ingredients 1 cup unsalted butter, softened 1/2 cup granulated sugar 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar 2 large eggs 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour 2 cups quick cooking oats 1 tsp. baking soda 1/2 tsp. salt 1 cup dried cherries (if large, snip in half) 1 cup white chocolate chips 1 cup chopped pecans, lightly toasted and cooled 1 cup English toffee bits (i.e. Heath)
Directions 1. Heat oven to 350°.
2. Line two large AirBake baking sheets with parchment paper.
3. In a bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla to butter mixture and mix just until blended.
4. In another bowl, combine flour, oats, baking soda and salt and blend with a wire whisk.
5. Add flour mixture to butter mixture and mix until just combined.
6. Add the remaining ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon (dough may be a little stiff).
7. Place dough on baking sheets using miniature ice cream scoop or 2 teaspoons, leaving 2 inches between each cookie. Bake for 10-13 minutes or until slightly browned.
8. Allow cookies to cool on pan for 2-3 minutes and then remove to wire rack until completely cool.
Makes 24 cookies.