If you’ve ever wanted to know what goes on inside the male mind, this is what happens:
A lot of women I meet think that guys are inherently terrified of being with one person.
It’s not true. The only reason is because they associate it with losing their freedom, having sexual excitement, being able to pursue whatever they want.
The great news is, that these feelings are entirely within a woman’s control. If you appear needy and desperate for a relationship, he’ll be terrified of them.
If you make him WANT to commit and show him that life will only get more fun when he does, committing to you will only excite him more.
Men aren’t as shallow as women think.
Though a man might sleep with a woman for her looks, this by itself will never make him look at that girl as relationship-worthy.
Men like women want a certain amount of affection from a relationship. If they don’t feel like they’re getting it, they’ll be just as hurt as any woman would.
The difference is that men often express their affection in a more physical way than women.
Believe us, men find it just as difficult to go and start conversations with people they are attracted to as women do.
You can use this information to your advantage as a woman.
If starting up conversation yourself isn’t something you feel comfortable doing at first, your job is to make it as easy as possible for him to approach you.
When men feel sexually rejected, they feel like less of a man.
Even with men in relationships who feel totally loved, if they don’t feel that their woman desires them sexually as much as they desire her, it hurts their pride in a way women can’t imagine.
Men are pretty simple.
Women sometimes give them mixed signals and think they are “playing the game” when actually the man often takes it as a sign that she’s not at all interested and simply gives up.
Both in your relationships, dating and the bedroom, the male mind is turned on by doing different things.
The male ego is highly wrapped up in to how he perceives his performance with the opposite sex.
This is why it can take some men a while to pluck up the courage to ask you for a date, even if you think you’ve made it obvious that you want him to ask you out.
This is why men are completely turned off by desperate women. They feel like anyone else could have been in their place.
What they want to feel like is that they earned their place in your life.
That they have proved themselves worthy to having the keys to becoming a part of your already amazing life.
Men love turning women on. If you want a guy to change his behaviour in a relationship, instead of saying “Honey, I would really appreciate it if you did xxx.” try this instead: “It really turns me on when guys do xxx”.
This might sound trivial, but it’s amazing how much hoovering you can get guys to do once they think it turns you on!
When you get inside the male mind in this way, you’ll never be confused about why men act the way they do again.
We know that with school or work piling up, you girls are hardly excited to study anything extra. But, there's always an exception: the mysterious ways of men. They never fail to confound us, which means we'll never give up trying to figure them out: how they get turned on and why they say what they say and do what they do.Experts give great insight into how a guy's mind and body operate. Cosmo put together some of the most riveting info the pros have turned up.
1. Men sleep better with their partner beside them. However, women sleep worse. Try these tips to slumber more deeply.
2. Men with elevated levels of testosterone might have trouble committing. This is because it suppresses vasopressin and oxytocin, chemicals that encourage bonding. Signs a dude has a high dosage of it:
3. Kiss a guy on the right side of his body. The left hemisphere of the brain, which is responsible for positive feelings, controls the right half of the body. So this way, he will process your presence in the optimistic part of his mind and experience greater pleasure.4. A man's skin is 10 times less sensitive than a woman's is. So touch him much more firmly.5. Levels of the hormone oxytocin in a guy's body skyrocket by 500 per cent post-O, which deepens trust and makes him feel connected to his partner. You can also boost his oxytocin by stimulating his nipples, giving him a massage, and hugging him.6. Men react differently to you depending on the stage of your cycle. As you very well know, the hormones coursing through your system impact your mood. This in turn affects guys' responses. Plus, the amount of pheromones (chemical signals that influence how attracted someone is to you) you give off changes.
7. Certain types of strokes and caresses can actually make a guy fall harder for you.
8. There are key differences in the way males and females digest info. That's why sometimes you feel you aren't getting through to him. Here's how to get your message across:
9. When a guy is into you, he will subconsciously try to maximize the amount of space he takes up to assert his status and prowess.Look for these clues:
1. Men don’t like snobs or snobby behavior; they interpret it as rejection. Always remember, there’s a big difference between sexy self confidence and a turn-off holier-than-thou attitude.
2. Men will choose a neat and presentable girl over a good-looking girl. There’s no point in dating a Gisele lookalike if she’s dressed like a hooker. That being said, even if your man enjoys you being the biggest b**** in bed, you better be a lady in public. Men take no pride in boasting a hooker-lookalike girlfriend; for starters, his friends will either make fun of him or make jokes about banging her.
3. Stop worrying about your silly tick or your wide hips or splits ends or small breasts. When a man truly really likes you, he’ll ignore all your bad characteristics.But, 4. Never underestimate a man’s attention to detail. If you have Sasquatch toes, he’ll run away. If you have hairy arms or armpits or moustache, he’ll run away. If you have crooked homeless guy teeth, he’ll run away. If you have fart breath, he’ll run away. And although women may tolerate some body odor on men, it doesn’t work the other way around. If you stink, your man will run away. Men love the sweet smell of a woman’s skin and hair so make sure you don’t smell like sweat!
5. Yes, women hate it when men compare them to their mother; but weirdly enough a man is attracted to a woman that reminds him of his mother (Oedipus much?), so if you feel his mother is an evil b***, you’re most likely an evil b*** too.
6. Keep in mind that: Men cry too, they just don’t make a dramatic Shakespearean show out of it like women do. A man can be infatuated by you for five minutes, then forget you for the remainder of his existence. Men will go crazy over a woman’s smile. When a man tells you he doesn’t understand you, it’s because you’re not thinking the way he is. Whether he’s lazy or super hard-working, every man has dreams bigger than his ego. When a guy keeps teasing you, it means he’s into you.Men love their moms. Men hate gays.
7. Never underestimate or question a man’s ability or power. Whether he’s driving around trying to find that new restaurant, or trying to fix your phone or his TV set, never tell him: “you don’t know what you’re doing,” smile instead and give him a thumbs up.
8. Men are self-conscious about their weight too. They don’t like having a beer belly or those extra love handles, so don’t squeeze them and say “oh how cute!!” No man wants to be your teddy bear, he wants to be your grizzly bear and rock your world.
9. A man can flirt around with 54 girls per day, but right before he goes to bed he only thinks about that one girl he truly cares about; whether it’s a girl he broke up with 7 years ago or his current lover or his best friend’s girl.
10. You’re not playing smart by telling a man: “Umm, you know what? . . . never mind, forget about it.” You’re not being a tease; you’re being stupid, because he will jump to a conclusion so far from what you were actually thinking . . . following that, hell may break loose.
11. Never talk about your ex-boyfriends. Men hate it. Their imaginations will run wild too. On that note, never tell your man that you’re friendly with your Ex; his mind registers it as: “my Ex and I still hook up every now and then”.
12. When a man asks to meet your parents, don’t stop him. You never know, two years down the line you could be begging him to meet your parents are he’ll be refusing . . . think about it.
13. No girl likes an emotionless man. The key here is moderation, so don’t keep trying to provoke your man in order to get a reaction out of him. If he’s provoked enough, you’ll be getting much more than a heated temper (and no girl likes that either).
14. When a girl says “no” to a guy, he usually interprets it as “try again later”. When a girl says “yes”, he interprets it as “I want you to f*** me”. There’s no such thing as being too hard to get, but there is such thing as being too accessible. Men don’t like accessible girls, they enjoy the thrill of the chase and prefer a girl that’s a challenge to him and unreachable to guys before him.
15. Although they will deny this, men are even bigger and worse gossipers than woman. They have the power to spread a story across the face of the earth faster than a woman can put her shirt back on. That being said, men cannot keep secrets that women tell them.
16. it’s good and smart to test a guy before you can believe and trust him. Make sure that doesn’t go on for too long though. Distrust on the long run is interpreted as low self-esteem, and low self-esteem is a big turn off for any man.
17. When a man has had a rough day, he’d rather be left alone to lick his wounds (caveman style). If you’re privileged enough, he will share his problems with you. Don’t nag, don’t philosophize, don’t give advice and don’t breathe. Just listen to him and be there for him.
18. Although they may not show it, it’s not easy for a guy to move on and let go of his girlfriend after a breakup; especially if they’ve been together for over 2 years.
19. During Courtship: If a girl really makes a guy suffer, it would be tremendously hard for him to let go of her. Men are willing to do anything to capture the attention of a girl they like.
20. If your relationship is serious, it is more likely that the man loves you more than you love him; so if a man tells you he loves you once every 34 months, no need to pop an ovary, it still means he loves you. Focus on a man’s actions, not his words.
21. Never dig into your man’s personal belongings without asking first. Whether it’s his phone, laptop, sock drawer; if you’re looking to find something, trust me you will and you most probably won’t like it.
22. Don’t open Pandora’s Box unless you’re ready to face the consequences. Also, if you snoop around, don’t tell him or he’ll a) lose respect for you or b) begin snooping through your phone every single day just to spite you.
23. Men hate it when their woman is wearing too much make up and her hair is full-on coiffed with half a bottle of hairspray squirted into it. Men like to run their fingers through your soft hair without requiring a wrench to pull their hand out of your head. They also like to play with your face and kiss your cheeks without hearing “eeeeek! you’re ruining my make up!” men interpret excess make up as a) clown in circus or b) hooker in brothel.
24. Even if they don’t admit it, men do not appreciate it when they buy you a 2000 dollar gift then receive a 200 dollar gift from you. That spells: G-O-L-D-D-I-G-G-E-R!
25. When you want to “teach” your man something, do it in private. In public, they must appear to know everything. On that note, never try to emasculate your man in front of his friends or family; he will hate you for that. His friends will hate you for that. His family will hate you for that. They will all encourage him to dump you. You cannot be a dominatrix; be a lady instead.
26. If a man says “I’ll call you” and he doesn’t, it doesn’t mean he forgot, it doesn’t mean he lost your number, it doesn’t mean he had a family emergency, and it doesn’t mean he’s lying dead in the hospital. It means he simply didn’t want to call you. Why? Who cares!
27. Always be direct with a man. Never use mixed signals. If you want to get what you want, don’t say “yes” when you mean “no” or “go ahead” when you mean “stay” or “I don’t mind” when you mean “don’t you dare”. Be a woman, not a silly little girl.
28. Every man is a pedophile to some degree. A man loves it when his woman acts like a baby and he loves her timidity, innocence and purity. Don’t mistake these characteristics for “naïve, stupid, ignorant and weak” – men hate that.
29. Men love a sexy, sultry, elegant woman who turns people’s heads when she walks into a room. Sometimes though, men prefer it if you wore your jogging suit or ripped jeans with a pair of Converse All Stars, a pony tail and no makeup.
30. Most men don’t mind if you’re short. They will mind if you’re fat though. When a man tells you that you just need to “work out at the gym”, that’s his polite way of telling you “you need to lose weight!” no man likes a scrawny, boney, semi-anorexic, breastless, buttless skeleton either.
31. When you threaten your man that you will “unleash the bitch” in you, you are not intimidating him at all. Instead, he is a) disgusted, b) secretly laughing at you, and c) possibly not even listening to your empty threats and growling. On that note, a man hates a woman that loses her composure. Shouting and screaming is a big no-no! If you want to get your point across, think Al Pacino from the Godfather part I: calm and terrifying.
32. Men hate women’s drunken alter ego. Whether she becomes aggressive, emotional, out of control, or plain weird, they just hate it. They especially hate it when they have to watch you vomit while holding your hair back – that’s your best friend’s job.
33. Fact: Married men tend to have a longer life expectancy than single men, but married men are the ones more willing to die.
Men aren’t as sexually simple as they’re made out to be.
Anyone who has anything to gain –- academics, the media, even men themselves –- love to portray the male gender as the lesser of sexual beings.
We’ve been told the male’s sexual response is linear and uncomplicated, that his reproductive purpose is straightforward and easy to figure out. His sexual needs can be met as easily as giving a dog a bone.
Well . . . I do a lot of reading about sex, and let’s just say men aren’t so simple. Here are 10 things I'll bet you didn't know:
1. Trapped Sperm?
An interesting tidbit left out of the “birds and bees” discussion is that not all sperm go racing for the egg at once. Once sperm has been deposited into the vaginal canal, some of these cells are temporarily trapped in a semen coagulate or clot. They are eventually decoagulated by enzymes, which set them free to swim about a female’s reproductive system like those that went earlier. Scientists believe this clotting is meant to pace the release of sperm into the uterus, increasing the chance that one of these buggers will reach the prize.
2. Oxytocin Affects Males Too
We typically hear about oxytocin affecting females during sex (and breast-feeding). But this cuddle hormone, which is released by both sexes during intimacy, can influence males. Research from Switzerland found that oxytocin is associated with increased feelings of trust in males. Males who participated in a study where they inhaled a nasal spray spiked with the hormone gave more money to their partners during a risky investment game than those men who sniffed a placebo.
3. High Testosterone = Less Sex
Having higher testosterone levels is typically considered a good thing for men when it comes to their sex drive. Yet research continually finds that males with higher testosterone levels marry less often, are more abusive in their marriages and divorce more regularly. Why does this hurt him? Married men see more action than single men. A University of Chicago National Sex Survey found single men are 20 times more likely to be celibate than married men.
4. Death During Sex Has a Prototype
In examining the incidence of death during sex, a 1975 study found a pattern for males: the “deceased is usually married; he is not with a spouse and in unfamiliar surroundings," and death usually occurs after "a big meal with alcohol.” A 1989 study found further evidence for the extramarital sex bit. Fourteen of the 20 cases of “la mort d’amour,” or coital death, happened during an affair. Talk about swift karma!
5. Orgasm ... or Lack of ... May Prevent Breast Cancer in Males
A 2000 Greek study found evidence that the frequency of adult orgasms may have an impact on the incidence of breast cancer in men. Findings revealed that males with breast cancer had experienced fewer orgasms on average than men who didn’t have the disease.
6. You Can Tell a Guy’s “Size” by His — Fingers?
Research out of the University of Liverpool in England indicated the size of a man’s ring fingers and genitals are directly related to how much testosterone he received in the womb. The more testosterone he received, the longer his penis.
In “Sex on the Brain,” Dr. Daniel Amen further explains how this measures up. If a man’s ring fingers are longer than his index fingers, this means there were healthy testosterone levels in the womb. If the ring fingers are the same size or smaller than the index fingers, then the male received lower levels of testosterone. Thus, by knowing this information, you can estimate the length of his member.
7. Men Fall in Love Faster Than Women
When it comes to falling in love, women are usually depicted as being out of control and head over heels, while men are calm, cool and collected. However, brain research indicates men show more activity than women in the brain regions associated with visual processing, especially the face. So given the right time and the right attractive face, these visual features are going to flood him with feelings of romantic passion, according to love researcher Dr. Helen Fisher.
8. Family Affects Testosterone
According to a 2001 study out of the Mayo Clinic, as a man becomes increasingly attached to his family, his testosterone level goes down. In particular, fathers experience a significant decline in levels of testosterone with the birth of his child, especially when he holds the baby.
9. Can a Bowel Movement Make for Bliss?
A 2002 study documented a male who had a history of orgasmic-like feelings after going to the bathroom. After doing his duty, his body went through the rest of the male sexual response cycle. His pulse rate increased as he reached climactic state, followed by relaxation, then extreme fatigue.
10. Males Like ‘Unusual’ Sex
Men outnumber women an estimated 20 to 1 when it comes to practicing an “unusual” and often socially unacceptable or illegal behavior, for example exhibitionism. The reasons for this could be biological, psychoanalytical, sociobiological, or a combination of any of those. But they're so inconclusive, it can’t be said with any certainty why there would be such a huge gender difference.