Stuffed Button Mushrooms
- 15 Button Mushrooms (pick bigger firmer ones)
- 1/4 Cup Packed Sun Dried Tomatoes in Oil, finely chopped
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon chopped Parsley
- 1/4 Cup Roasted Red Bell Peppers (Capsicum), finely chopped
- A Fistful of Lightly Toasted Almonds or Pine nuts
- 1 Tablespoon Butter + 1.5 Teaspoon Olive oil
- Salt & Black Pepper
- A Pinch of Saffron
- Rosemary, finely chopped (or Parsley or any other herb)
- Some Saved oil of the Sun Dried tomatoes
- A Squirt of Lemon (Optional)
- Crushed Red Pepper or hot smoked Paprika (Optional)
Note: If you are using dry sun dried tomatoes (not in oil), you will need to soak the tomatoes in about half cup of hot water to reconstitute them. Save a bit of the water in which they are soaked.
Wash the Mushrooms & dry them. Carefully scoop put the stem of the mushrooms to make a hollow inside the mushrooms ( I used a thin paring knife).Save the stems & the caps.
Combine 1 minced clove of Garlic with the butter or oil & heat the oil/butter in a pan. Add the mushrooms to the pan & saute them while tossing at high heat till the mushrooms start to brown & all the water dries up. Toss with the parsley; Set aside.
Chop the stems of the mushroom very fine. Chop the roasted bell peppers. Chop the sun dried tomatoes. Process the nuts till they are coarsely ground. Chop the rosemary.
Heat the 1.5 tsp of Olive Oil. Add 1 clove of minced garlic. Add the stems of the mushrooms; saute them till dry. Add salt & pepper. Add the tomatoes, bell peppers, Saffron & nuts to the mushrooms & combine. Add a squirt of lemon & the crushed pepper, if you are using them. Gently combine everything together.
With a small spoon stuff the mushroom with filling.
Put the mushrooms in a baking pan & drizzle with the oil from the sun dried tomatoes. (if you are using the dry tomato, drizzle some olive oil) ; Bake at 350 degree F for about 10 minutes.
Sprinkle some coarsely ground almonds on the mushrooms. (You can use some cheese in place of almonds). Squirt some fresh Lemon Juice if you want.
Serve with some fruity Wine or your favorite cocktail. Beer is great too!